Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Shrimp Cakes and Roasted Purple Potatoes

It happened!! After an entire year of searching every grocery store in sight, we found purple potatoes. At first, we thought it was a mirage, but nope! They were real and freaking delish.

This week has been a tidal wave of unfortunate events, and I'm grateful to say that everyone and everything is going to be alright. Life is strange and I will never fully understand how things work. The older I get the more I've learned to trust that things will be okay. Everything will work out, even if it doesn't seem like it at the time. I'm overjoyed to have my family and friends, and even if they aren't close in terms of distance, they are very close to my heart.

Ok, enough of that. Let's talk shrimp cakes.


Shrimp Cakes
1 lb shrimp, deveined, cooked, and chopped
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 jalapeno
4 bacon slices, cooked and chopped
4 tbsp coconut flour
3 eggs
2 garlic cloves, minced

*Dice all ingredients and combine in a bowl
*Press into cakes
*Cook in light coconut oil (Note: make sure to cook until brown. If you try to flip them too early, they will fall apart)

Purple Potatoes
1 lb unicorn purple potatoes (they're unicorns because we didn't think they would ever be found)
2 garlic cloves, minced

*Quarter potatoes
*Coat in coconut oil and minced garlic
*Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes
*Get ready for your taste buds to explode. Who would have thought the 'best' type of potato is the best for you?!?! Blows my mind











No comments:

Post a Comment