Friday, January 11, 2013

Roasted Red Pepper Soup and Avocado/Sun-Dried Tomato Stuffed Burgers

Today is day 5 of being back on strict Paleo and I feel amazing. It takes a couple days for your body to adjust, but the longer we're on Paleo, the faster our bodies respond. I can honestly say that I will never go back to eating non-Paleo. Yes, I will cheat now and then, and yes the holidays will most likely lead me off the path. No matter what, I'll always find my way back.

This dinner came from two different resources. I modified the soup recipe from my Vitamix cookbook, and the burgers came from Civilized Caveman. The key to this meal was making the soup in advance. I made it on Sunday an was slightly disappointed with the taste. By Monday it was deeeeelish!

James and I tried out a crossfit gym on Wednesday!!! Even though I know it's going to be expensive, we looked at our budget and found a way I make it work. I'm excited to destroy my body and hopefully make new friends. It was super random, but one of James' pledge brothers and his wife go to the gym we tried. Maybe we will become bff's. Who knows.

Roasted Red Pepper Soup
1 jar of roasted red peppers
1 can of coconut milk
2 tbs of almond flour
1/2 c diced onion
1/4 c iced celery
2 minced cloves of garlic

Avocado and Sun-dried Tomato Stuffed Burgers
2 lb ground meat
1 avocado
1 lemon
Sun-dried tomato

*I will post directions later...



No comments:

Post a Comment