Thursday, January 24, 2013

Almond Crusted Tilapia and Fried Zucchini

Holy hell, this recipe is delicious and a pain to make. Even though its stressful to cook, the pain doesn't last for long. Kinda like crossfit, you're in and out before you realize what hit you.

Speaking of crossfit, I am officially finished with the fundamentals classes. Apparently, I'm ready to participate in the WOD with the normal classes. I feel confident about the majority of the movements, but I'm terrible at remembering the names. Snatches, cleans, thrusters.... Ummmmmm whaaaaat?

Ingredients
2 lbs tilapia
2 zucchini
2 eggs
Almond flour
Coconut milk
Coconut oil
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Red pepper flakes

Directions
1. Slice the zucchini hamburger style
2. Rinse the tilapia and slice into strips
3. Create an egg bath to dip the meat and veggies in (I used egg and some coconut milk. I then seasoned it with garlic powder, onion powder, and red pepper flakes.)
4. Put some almond flour in a bowl (we made out own in the Vitamix, but you can buy it at most stores)
5. Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan. Ignore the warning on the label of the oil...we fry with it and nothing bad has happened yet.
6. Dip your zucchini in the egg and then almond flour. I do all of the zucchini first so that the veggies don't end up in the same breading as the raw fish.
7. Do to the same with the fish.
8. Fry your food, but be aware how dark almond flour gets. This is the part I start to stress because I feel like its burning. Don't worry, it's not.
9. Enjoy your completely Paleo fried dinner.

Disclaimer: the picture is terrible. I swear this meal is really, really good. Like, really, seriously. (Miss you, D's!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment