Saturday, January 19, 2013

Green AAS Smoothie


What a week! School is in full swing and life is back to normal. Well, I guess a new normal. James and I had a pretty solid routine down during the work week, making eating paleo pretty easy. We're to the point where we don't cheat throughout the week at all, and recipes are becoming easier and easier to create. We recently joined Crossfit Strom (insert large amounts of excitement here), which has been awesome, but has proven to be a little more difficult in terms of cooking and meal preparation. The crockpot may have to start making more appearances than before, but we'll see.
 
*I can't take any credit for this recipe, but it is worthy of sharing. I know Juli created this recipe for people on a sugar detox, but fortunately I am not on one...so I added:
 
1. A little agave and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
2. I didn't want to use a lemon, so I used a splash of 100% orange juice.
3. We were out of ice cubes (James: hint, hint...), so I used a few frozen pineapple chunks from Trader Joe's.
 
Here are a few of my Random Thoughts:
 
1. I love crossfit more than I thought I would.
2. I was so sore this week that I had a hard time moving. At one point I was standing at the base of the staircase at school wondering how I would get up. A student stopped and asked if I needed help. My response? "Yes. Yes, I do. Please hold my coffee so I can use the railing."It was awesome.
3. I love three day weekends.
4. James got a muscle up on his first try. He's a beast.
5. I wish I had a yard for Ricky to roam in.
6. I won a give-away on paleomg.com! I've never entered one, but I actually won. What did I get? A Paleo Ebook and this awesome shirt.
7. The weather is warming up. Thank. Goodness. I hate being cold.
8. I love my smart wool socks from Teresa.
9. I spent two hours this morning scraping gum off of desks. My team tricked me into volunteering, but I didn't mind. Whatevs, it gave me something to do. Kids are weird and stick things in weird places. Ex. Several pencils were stuck in open wholes in the desk frame. Perhaps this is their way of avoiding a consequence for not being prepared for class. Fools...good luck on Tuesday when your secret stash is gone!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Who would have thought I would consume a non-alcoholic green beverage in this cup?! 25 year-old Ali definitely didn't see this one coming. A smoothie with 2 full cups of fresh spinach. Boom.

2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha awesome cup. I just wore my t-shirt the other day.

    LOVE the blog, btw! :)

    Miss you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, that's awesome! I wear mine to sleep and to the gym every now and then. That party was out of control! I'm glad you love the blog! I'm very interested in some of the recipes you've posted on Facebook...they look delish!

    Miss you too!!!!! I put my hair into my extra brain holder the other day and thought of you. I also thought about the time I feel off the steps during our competition piece. hahahaha

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete