Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Pork vs. Politics

Clearly, pork wins this debate. This recipe is delicious. If you don't eat/like pork, then I think chicken or beef could work, but us McMillan's freakin' love pork. The key to this recipe is preparation and time. James and I attempted to make this a few weeks ago and the pork didn't shred as well. Today, we worked several extra hours which resulted in the crockpot working its magic a little while longer. I will say the thought of this deliciousness cooking at home made my day a little brighter. The fact that I didn't have to cook when I got home made it even better. Yes, my thoughts today weren't about politics...they were about pork.

Delicious Pork, Onions, and Peppers

3 pounds of pork tenderloin
1 green bell pepper
1 onion
32ish ounces of chicken stock
3 garlic cloves
cilantro
dash of garlic powder
dash of onion powder
salt/pepper

1)  Mince garlic and sautee in oil (or coconut oil)
2) Slice bell peppers and onion
3) Place half of the peppers and onions in the crockpot
4) Place the pork on top of the peppers (season the meat with the above items)
5) Place the remaining peppers, onions, and sauteed garlic on top of the pork
6) Pour chicken stock into the crockpot. I added a little water to make sure the meat was covered
8) Place a few cilantro leaves on top
7) Cook for 12 hours on low heat (I prepared the night before and turned it on in the morning. I don't think 12 hours is completely necessary, but the meat was very tender and shredded very easily).
8) We steamed some broccoli and carrots for a side. I'm aware that the flavors don't really match, but it turned out just fine.

Oh... some hot sauce really makes this dish shine.




No comments:

Post a Comment