Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Chicken Stuffed Avocado

I have no clue how to spell avocado. Ok, let me rewind. I misspell the word 'avacado' every time I type it. That stupid red squiggly line pops up every single time and it constantly reminds me why I decided to teach math. Thank goodness for Algebra. I get along really well with x's and y's. and numbers. I love the quadratic formula. It's true.

James and I went to dinner with Teresa, Stokes, Will and Brit two Sunday's ago and this was pretty much the start of our non-paleo eating. We went to El Tiempo where I fell in love with the amazing fried avocado. Like legitimately fell in love. The real thing is a fried bundle of goodness and you can read about it here.

I am on a mission to create this deliciousness while sticking to my paleo guidelines. This is the first attempt, and my hopes are high. Well, not too high. It's never a good idea to try and make a dish that is extremely non paleo, paleo without feeling a little bit disappointed. The first time I tried to make ranch dressing was a huge fail. And chocolate pudding. Some things need to be left in that sacred-unhealthy area to be enjoyed every now and then.

Ingredients
3 Large chicken breasts
2 Cups of Chicken broth
4 Ripe avocados
3 Jalapeños
1/2 Onion
3 Garlic Cloves
Chili powder
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Salt
Pepper

Directions
1. Boil chicken in chicken broth and season with the above dry ingredients until its easy to shred.
2. Dice garlic, onion, and jalapeños (seeded). Brown the garlic, jalapeño, and half of the onion in a skillet with coconut oil.
3. Cut the avocados in half and remove the pits.
4. Scoop out the deliciousness from the avocado and place in bowl.
5. Add the sautéed mixture, shredded chicken, jalapeño, and the remaining onion to the avocado bowl.
6. Stir until completely mixed.
7. Place in the avocado shell and top with some tomatoes.
8. Eat.




Holy crap, this is more delicious than I expected. I added a side of spinach and chopped cauliflower. We will definitely make this again, and may even try it with crab or shrimp.




No comments:

Post a Comment