Friday, October 26, 2012

Steak and Mashed Paleo Potatoes

Today it is actually cool in Houston. I refuse to say it is cold, but for the first time I felt chilly while watching my students during their outside P.E. time. Thankfully, I have a fluffy scarf to keep me warm. According to Facebook, which is always accurate, there may be snow in Pennsylvania this weekend. Maybe I should rethink calling Houston 'cool'. Oh, side note: there was a tragedy while running with my Blackberry. I will spare you the details, but lets just say excessive sweat caused some sort of problem with the keys. It will  turn on, but I cannot use any of the keys. I am now at the mercy of my work phone. If you need me, I guess email will have to do. Part of me misses my phone, the other part is excited to have an excuse not to have it on me. It is currently sitting in quinoa, so maybe it'll work this weekend. If not, I guess I have to visit hell, I mean Verizon, to get it fixed.

I can take zero credit for cooking tonight, but I wanted to share with you regardless. I cannot share a pic of this fine meal because of the unfortunate incident mentioned above. I guess I could have taken a picture with James' phone, but by the time I thought of it my steak was half-way gone. James said a half-eaten picture wouldn't be effective, and since he cooked it was his decision. Anyway, here was last night's dinner:

Steak
-2 large steaks
-salt
-pepper

*Sere on a hot skillet. Place in oven for a few minutes after. Unfortunately, I don't know the times James used.

Avocado/Lime puree-ish mixture
-1 large ripe avocado
-1/2 lime
-salt

*Mash all of the ingredients together with a fork. (Thank you Will and Brit for introducing us to this fine gem)

Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
-1/2 bag of frozen cauliflower (you can also use fresh)

*Steam cauliflower. Mix in Vitamix with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, splash of almond milk

This meal is 100% paleo, and 100% delicious. Eating paleo has several benefits and I love it. Before we started eating paleo I struggled with low blood sugar, and now those problems are completely gone. I was to the point where a doctor prescribed me a blood sugar monitor. I would have spells where I would get sweaty and my vision would blur. I recall one time in Myrtle Beach where I honestly thought I would pass out if I didn't have food. I tried several things from snacking continuously throughout the day, to monitoring my carbs. The only thing that has worked for me is paleo. Well, My Paleo.

No comments:

Post a Comment