Sunday, November 25, 2012

Martha Stewart's Baked Chicken Breast

For the past week or so my paleo has been nonexistent. With the holidays comes extreme temptation and unhealthy eating. I'm not going to lie, it was all very delicious and well worth it. Especially the beverages and apple pie. I really, really love apple pie.

The McMillan family will be reuniting in Denver on December 21st, so James and I have decided to eat strict paleo until then. I feel tired and sluggish and my clothes are definitely not fitting the way I'd like them to. It will be difficult at first, but it's way worth it in the end.

There's nothing super special about our dinner tonight, other than the fact it's easy and yummy. The recipe comes straight from a Martha Stewart cookbook that my mom got me for Christmas. James is a pro at cooking this, so he made dinner while I began to prep for tomorrow.

Ingredients
3 Large Chicken Breasts (with bone and skin)
Carrots
Cherry Tomatoes
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or Coconut Oil)
Salt
Pepper

Directions
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper
2. Sere chicken in oil over high heat
3. Season tomatoes and carrots with salt and pepper, drizzle with a little oil
4. Bake all of the ingredients at 475 degrees for 20ish minutes (depends on the size of your chicken)
5. Remove from the oven and let cool

No comments:

Post a Comment