Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Pumpkin Pie Bites


pump·kin  

/ˈpəm(p)kən/
Noun
  1. A large rounded orange-yellow fruit with a thick rind, edible flesh, and many seeds.
  2. The flesh of this fruit, esp. used as food.
Synonyms
squash - gourd



This will be t.h.e. most delish edible flesh you've ever eaten. My inspiration for this treat came from our love of pumpkin and the amount of cans we had in our pantry. I wasn't in the mood to be a recipe thief  so I created my own. Get excited, it's a good one.

Random Rant: I HATE it when my iphone Blogger and my desktop Blogger mess each other up. This is the second/third time I've had to write this blog because they were not in sync. haha N'sync. I loved them.


Crust
2 cups almonds
1/4 cup walnuts
2 tbsp coconut flour
2 tbsp honey

1. Combine all ingredients in Vitamix and blend until they are a flourish consistancy. Do not blend too long, or it will turn into almond/walnut butter.

Filling
1/4 cup of sweetener (I used agave, but you could use honey or pure maple syrup)
1 cup organic pumpkin
2 cups coconut milk
2 eggs
1tbsp coconut flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice

1. Place all ingredients in Vitamix and blend until smooth. This will be a little runny, but that's ok.


Topping
1 can of coconut cream (heavy)
2 squeezes of honey
1 splash of vanilla

1. Place the coconut cream in the fridge overnight.
2. Remove coconut cream from the can and put in blender.
3. Add honey and vanilla
4. Blend until smooth


Directions
1. Create the crust and press into the bottom of your cupcake liners.
2. Pour the filling on top of your mini crusts.
3. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Lower the temperature to 350 and continue to bake until the edges are brown, approximately 25 minutes.
4. Remove from the oven and cool completely. I let mine sit overnight in the fridge.
5. Add coconut whipped cream just before you serve. I prefer to eat mine with a cup of Sleepy Time Tea, but I am also a weird hot-tea drinker.




1. Texas makes me happy because it is warm. 
2. I love Sunday Fundays by the pool with James.
3. This new recipe makes me excited, much like this picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment