Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Tilapia, Asparagus, and Purple Potatoes

I'm not sure what is going on, but the store has had terrible fresh salmon. This is very unfortunate for the McMillan household because it is one of James' favorite meals, and he hasn't had it since before the Philippines. Poor James. And poor Richard, he loves salmon.

Anyway, this meal is supposed to be made with salmon (I will post the recipe the next time we are successful at the store) but we improvised and used fresh tilapia. Now, it was no where near the same, but it also wasn't nearly as bad as I anticipated. I had plans to drench my plate with hot sauce (my go-to solution to undesirable food), but this time it wasn't necessary. I'll take it. 

Ingredients
2 lbs of fresh tilapia (this is enough for both of our dinners and lunches)
3 diced jalepeno
1 handful of chopped cilantro
1/8 cup of oil (your choice)
3 tbs chili powder
1/2 lbish Asparagus
11 Purple Potatoes

Directions
1. Add the chili powder, diced jalepeno, chopped cilantro, and oil to a large bowl. Mix together. 
2. Rinse fish and check for bones.
3. Add fish to the bowl and mix together (It helps if you use your hands - the goal is for each piece of fish to be coated)
4. Place on a cookie sheet or baking pan
5. Bake for 23ish minutes at 400 degrees

Asparagus and Purple Potatoes - James is the owner of these lovely dishes, but I think the directions are somewhere already on the blog. If not, I will add them later. 



Don't judge the dish off it's picture, I swear it's better than it looks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment