Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Ceviche and My Obsession with Mint


Hi! It's been a while since I've taken the time to write a post, and I now realize that I miss blogging and I miss the accountability from strangers searching for recipes on the Internet. I am a data freak and seriously enjoy watching the views climb each time I write a post. I have still been eating my normal Paleo diet and attending CrossFit classes, I just haven't talked about it.

Here are my two favorite recipes for the summer. They are both insanely delicious and I highly recommend them.

Ceviche (This recipe is from my dear friend, Carrie)
1 lb shrimp
1 lb white fish (tilapia)
4-5 tomatoes
2-3 jalepeno
1 white onion
5-6 limes

Directions
1. Devein your shrimp and sautee in desired oil on a skillet
2. Cut fish in chunks and add to the skillet (Note: if you want to be adventurous, you can allow the lime juice to cook your shrimp and fish. I prefer to cook them a little first, just to be safe).
3. Chop your tomato, jalepeno, and onion like you would for pico de gallo
4. Add the shrimp, fish, and vegetables to a large bowl
5. Squeeze lime juice into the bowl. I LOVE lime, so I have James do this so that he is able to still enjoy the snack...if it were up to me I would use way  more lime. My advice is to start slow and find what you like.
6. Stir, let sit in the fridge for a few hours, and enjoy! We serve ours with avocado oil potato chips, but you can use anything you want.


Mint Grapefruit Spritzer
3-4 mint leaves
2 slices of grapefruit (I've also used 3-5 raspberries instead)
Splash of organic limeade
Water
Ice

Directions
1. Muddle your mint leaves in the bottom of your glass
2. Add grapefruit (or muddled raspberries)
3. Pour in a shot or two of liquor (my favorites are Tito's or Bulleit Rye)
4. Add ice and top with a splash of limeade and water
5. Get ready for the most refreshing drink of your life. I've made this drink at every get together I've attended this summer, including a boat party and a hill country cookout.


No comments:

Post a Comment