Monday, December 3, 2012

Pumpkin Banana Smoothie

My first couple years as a teacher I would share several stories about my students and the wonderful things they say. Now that I've been teaching for five years, I haven't been as good about sharing my interactions with the youth. This one, however...needs an audience. Keep in mind that I teach 8th grade now.


Student: Ms., my agenda fell in that thing. You know, that thing.
Other Student: Ummm, the urinal?
Student: Yes. My agenda fell in the urinal.
Me: Ok.
Student: There was pee in the urinal.
Me: Ok. Can you tell me why are you holding it by your face?
Student: Because I washed it off.
Me: Take it away from your face. You washed your (paper) agenda?
Student: Yes.
Me: Ok, so why are you telling me this? What would you like me to do?
Student: Nothing.
Me: Ok.
Student: Ok.

This is a combination of a few recipes I found online. I absolutely love desserts and my husband loves pumpkin, so this is perfect. We really enjoyed this beverage, and it was a great way to end a Monday morning.

Ingredients
1 can of coconut milk
1 cup of pumpkin puree
1 banana
3 dates, pitted and soaked for at least twenty minutes
honey
nutmeg
ginger
cinnamon
ice

Directions
Place all items in the Vitamix and enjoy.



I had to take the picture in front of the lights, because I am obsessed with making it feel like Christmas. It was 82 degrees today. Last night James put on the air conditioning so that I could enjoy a fire in the fire place.

No comments:

Post a Comment